The lives of passengers and canoe operators on Zantani River (White Volta) in the Tolon District of the Northern Region are in danger as they cross the river with weak canoes without life jackets, per informant report to wildLEAKx.
On a visit to the area, Illiasu Abdul Rauf, a reporter, observed that Zantani and other communities have no other roads to the district capital, Tolon, except for a dangerous and deplorable road that lead them through North Gonja District.
- NEWS FLASH |GWCL To Embark On Full Debt Recoveries[READ]
- JUST IN |Boyfriend Of Murdered CCTU Student FINALLY Arrested[READ]
- BREAKING NEWS |Boyfriend Slashes Girlfriend, 56, With Machete For Denying Him Sзж, C/R[READ]
- UPLOADED🔥 |2ND TERM COMPLETE Week 2 Lesson Notes |All Subjects FOR KG1-JHS3[DOWNLOAD FREE]
- GOSSIP |Netizens React As Photos Of Troll Strongman Jabbed Over His ‘Nkronsakronsa’ Face Surface Online[WATCH]
Some passengers, speaking as reports troop in, said the situation is very challenging but they have no other option.
The commuters bemoaned that most of them don’t know how to swim so the life jackets will be useful to save lives on the river in case of an accident.
Some of the canoe operators, speaking to a reporter, said they know crossing the river without the life jackets is dangerous but they have no option and cannot assure the safety of passengers in case an accident occurs.
The operators, therefore, appealed for life jackets to prevent disaster.
“We are afraid because crossing such a river with canoe without a life jacket is very dangerous so we are appealing to our Member of Parliament, Hon. Habib Iddrisu, government and Non-Governmental Organisations to help us with life jackets,” they appealed.