The governing council of the Koforidua Technical University (KTU) has dismissed two staff of the University for engaging in financial malfeasance.
The council, as part of its disciplinary action, also reprimanded and suspended eight (8) others for their involvement in the crime.
Three of the staff were, however, exonerated.
The report recommends that all those who were involved in this act should refund the said amount or be prosecuted.
He has been charged to refund the amount with interest to be calculated at the statutory interest rate.
He was also dismissed from the University.
He was, however, dismissed with immediate effect.
- NEWS FLASH |GWCL To Embark On Full Debt Recoveries[READ]
- JUST IN |Boyfriend Of Murdered CCTU Student FINALLY Arrested[READ]
- BREAKING NEWS |Boyfriend Slashes Girlfriend, 56, With Machete For Denying Him Sзж, C/R[READ]
- UPLOADED🔥 |2ND TERM COMPLETE Week 2 Lesson Notes |All Subjects FOR KG1-JHS3[DOWNLOAD FREE]
- GOSSIP |Netizens React As Photos Of Troll Strongman Jabbed Over His ‘Nkronsakronsa’ Face Surface Online[WATCH]
In the report, the Council said “Mr Peter Yaw Kosoe, a second offender had already been involved in similar financial malfeasance for which he was suspended for three months without pay, Council took a serious view of his second misconduct”.
The affected officers, Samuel Ofori Asamoah, Seth Appiah, Emmanuel Hohode and Eugene Oware Koranteng have been suspended for six months without pay and are to refund with interest, amounts of GHC 14,269.00, GHC5,787.00, GHC 8, 662.00 and GHC 17,200.00 respectively.
The Council also directed the Vice-Chancellor to submit the decision taken on Peter Mbima for rectification at its next meeting since at the time the crime was committed, he was a student of the University.
The report, signed by Mathias Fred Adjei (ESQ), secretary to the Council, directed the VC to organize a Council staff durbar for Council members to interact with staff and the various unions on campus.